Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Graffiti.

Have you ever been walking down the street and seen some kind of odd but interesting graffiti? I've always thought that graffiti would be an interesting topic to research about because it has always been the kind of art I like and it always had some humor in it. Many people think it's baneful, but me... I think it's beautiful. There are two particular graffiti artists that I've been researching. The first is named Banksy. This is one of his artworks to the right. I think this piece is quite hilarious because it looks like a very busy, hard working rat who is simply saying, "Let them eat crack". In today’s society hard working people definitely do not tell people to, "Let them eat crack" and I think it's kind of ironic that Banksy has thought of and created a rat that is totally opposite of most adults in real life.

The second artist is called 6emeia. He creates his art using things on the street and the street it’s self. And once again his art has some humor in it as well. On the right there are two different examples of his art. The top one is of a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat. And the lower one is obviously Mario and Luigi off the classic Mario games. They are both painted on sidewalk gutters. I thought that 6emeia was an interesting graffiti artist because it’s not something you see every day and it’s not the typical graffiti art. 6emeia's art is also very cartoonish and unreal. And that is what I like so much about it. Most artists try to make their art as real as possible but that’s not what 6memia does and it kind of adds its own personality to the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment